A rising generation of young Oklahoma leaders will get the skills and encouragement they need at a series of FFA COLT Conferences, sponsored by Public Service Company of Oklahoma.
Elected leaders from 366 Oklahoma FFA chapters will attend the Chapter Officer Leadership Training (COLT) conferences in five locations around the state. The year’s first COLT conference was held Tuesday in McAlester. The regional conferences continue through Sept. 27.
This year’s featured speaker is motivational speaker and former Oklahoma FFA state officer Sarah Edsall.
“PSO is honored to sponsor the FFA COLT Conferences,” said PSO Vice President of External Affairs Tiffini Jackson. “These students will learn leadership skills that will aid their local chapters in the coming school year, but, even more importantly, will continue to serve the greater community for a lifetime.”
The conferences will bring about 400 young people and chapter advisors to each of five regional conference locations, making a significant economic impact on the host communities:
- August 30: Southeast Area COLT Conference, LifeChurch, McAlester
- September 6: Central Area COLT Conference, Embassy Suite Hotel and Conference Center, Norman
- September 13: Northeast Area COLT Conference, Glenpool Conference Center, Glenpool
- September 20: Southwest Area COLT Conference, Great Plains Technology Center, Lawton
- September 27: Northwest Area COLT Conference, Enid Event Center, Enid
COLT conferences are sponsored by PSO as a special project of the Oklahoma FFA Foundation. FFA is an integral part of the agricultural education division of the Oklahoma Department of Career Tech Education. There are some 27,000 Oklahoma FFA members statewide. For more information, visit www.okffa.org.
PSO Corporate Communications