Storm and Outage Details
January 13th Ice Storm In Oklahoma
Update: 5:00 PM, 1/14/2017
Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO)
Winter Storm Update #6: Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 – 5 p.m.
PSO's Expanded Workforce Remains Vigilant While Freezing Rain Threat Continues
PSO is maintaining an expanded workforce in key locations of our service areas while the risk of freezing rain continues into Sunday in some locations.
Although PSO has experienced moderate ice accumulations on equipment today, service interruptions related to the weather have been minimal.
PSO began working on storm preparations earlier this week due to weather forecasts indicating significant risk of ice-related power outages.
SAFETY & OUTAGE TIPS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- For safety’s sake, always assume that any downed utility line is energized with deadly electric current. Stay away from the line and do not touch it with anything. Report it to PSO at 1-888-218-3919.
- Unless you have installed a transfer switch that isolates your home’s wiring from PSO’s electric system, do not connect a portable generator directly to a wall outlet or your electrical panel. This can cause electricity to back-feed into PSO’s electric system and pose a safety hazard for repair workers. Instead, plug your appliances directly into the generator.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
Easy Access To Outage & Restoration Info
PSO customers now have access to a new, interactive map that provides more detailed information about power outages. PSO’s new outage mapping tool makes it easier for customers to search for or report a power outage at PSOklahoma.com. Information about power outages is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The new PSO map refreshes every 15 minutes to provide the most up-to-date outage information including:
• The date and time the outage was first reported.
• The estimated time when service will be restored.
• The number of customers without service due to a specific incident.
• The cause of the outage (when available).
• The total number of customers currently without service.
The mobile-friendly map allows customers to zoom in to see power outages by street or neighborhood. Outages also are searchable by street, city, zip code or county. Customers can customize using the map with street or satellite views and save as a bookmark.
Visit the new outage map at www.psoklahoma.com/outages/
Sign Up for PSO Alerts!
Estimated Time of Restoration will be communicated via PSO Alerts.
To manage alerts you need to have an account set up and be logged in.
Types of Alerts Available:
• Power is out.
• Estimated times of restoration.
• Power has been restored.
To sign up for PSO Alerts, go to: https://psoklahoma.com/account/alerts/
For additional information on restoration work, please “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter:
Report problems in your area
Oklahoma (PSO) Customer Service