Benefits of Advanced Digital Meters
An advanced digital meter is an electronic metering device that allows for two-way communication between PSO and you, the customer.
These advanced electric meters are equipped with wireless communications technology and will provide near real-time collection and secure transfer of your usage information.
These meters are a key part of establishing the advanced electric grid of the future.
Benefits of advanced digital meters include:
Shorter Outages. Remote Connections. Greater Accuracy. Reduced Carbon Emissions.
- Remote connects and disconnects: Customers who are moving, or who have lost power for credit issues, can have their service turned on or off remotely, receiving power in a matter of minutes after calling PSO.
- Shorter outages: Power outages will be shortened as PSO will have the ability to more quickly determine where problems are occurring in the electric grid.
- Instant readings: Customers can have their meter read instantly and remotely for move-ins/outs and billing inquiries.
- Reduced property entry: PSO will no longer need to enter customer premises for monthly meter readings.
- Reduced estimated reads: Estimated meter readings will be a rare occurrence since digital meters will send actual readings throughout each day.
- Reduced carbon emissions: PSO's vehicle emissions will decrease with the reduced amount of daily truck rolls.
- New cost-saving programs: Learn more about new ways to conserve energy and reduce your bill.